Monday, October 19, 2009

My Husband is Perfect....FOR ME!

Wow, it seems like we've been together for life.  It turns out that for most of our lives we have known each other (he says he doesn't remember) and for the most part, we've been together.
We're those high school sweethearts that worked out.  We are that couple that was really meant to be together. 

Our story...

While at 4-H Camp (one of the coolest places on earth), we met but we were just there hanging around each other.  (We were in 4th and 5th grade).  Then in high school, I thought he was just the cutest thing ever...I still do!  We went to homecoming together when I was a freshman and we've been together ever since. 




This is our homecoming picture.  I think it's gross.  Look at those braces, my BIG CHEESE smile, and my ugly shoes.  Also...look at J's gross belt.

 


Then as seniors...we went in the Boogie Bus to prom.  It was fun and hilarious!  I think I was looking good, but J looks like a dork!



Then...This happened.  THE NAVY. 


He was stationed in Chicago first...

Then San Diego...


Then we got engaged..

Then Married...

Then he was stationed in Japan...


Now we have a house...
That has been through a hurricane (Gustav) right after we moved in...Then it snowed last December. (Yep, the shutters were still missing) but we have new ones now!
We have a dog... DAISY!  She is so cute.  J gave her to be for my birthday a long time ago.  She is perfect!
IMG_2835

Now...we've been together for 8 years.  Actually, it's been 8 years last weekend since we started dating.  And I can honestly say that I wouldn't change much.  Maybe a few little things but he is perfect (minus the temper sometimes and his lack of patience...he's working on them.)  He is perfect for me.
I know that I am truly blessed and can tell that God put us together for reasons.  Reasons that I couldn't understand before and reasons that I have yet to find out.  He makes me a better person.

No comments: