Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Living Thanks

Jesus spoke to the people once more and said, "I am the light of the world. If you follow me, you won't have to walk in darkness, because you will have the light that leads to life.
~ John 8:12

What a promise!  He is amazing. 
We each have a path, a mission, a success story.  It is through Him and with Him that we are able to discover and complete the things He has chosen for us.  We just have to remember to seek Him and His path.  He promises to light our way.

We so often think about what we want to do and not what He wants us to do.  What we are supposed to be doing to better ourselves, others, and spread THE WORD.  I know that there are times were I don't think about Him 24/7 and I should.  I know that I should be trying to please Him in everything that I do but sometimes it is hard. 

Does your daily life please Him?  I'm trying to better myself and my life to bring praise to God.  I am thankful for everything that I've been blessed with.

Do you live life being thankful and appreciative of the things that He has given you?

  • He has given me a body...so now I'm trying more and more to take care of it.  I'm running, eating better, sleeping more, and trying to stress less.  I want this body to make it far in this life.  I want my body to be a shining temple of the Lord.
  • He has given me a husband...so I pray that each day our relationship will grow stronger and closer to God and each other.  We've been married for 3 years and have been through a lot.  I have faith that God is the reason that we are together, made it through our struggles, and will continue growing together in life, love, and faith.
  • He has given me wonderful parents...Growing up, I remember thinking about times when they didn't understand me or let me do things that I wanted.  Now I am thankful for everything they did...the good and bad.  They have allowed be to grow into the woman that I am and have supported me through it all.
  • The family that I was placed into is remarkable.  Times get tough and we've grown apart and then closer.  The truth is...we are family.  Not only in the Church but through blood and we always have each other.
  • Friends...not the fair-weathered ones but the true friends that are always there.  I've been blessed to know that these are the best friends and extended family that I could have.
  • Knowledge, talent, and drive to be more Christ-like and find my path.
  • Openness, ability to listen, communication...sometimes hinder me but overall I'm glad I have great social skills and enjoy meeting people.

I could honestly go on for days about the things that I'm thankful for.  I am so blessed!  I praise God for the prayers that have been answered and the ones that haven't.  It truly seems like things happen for a reason. 

His light is leading me and I am learning to follow!

No comments: